“I am lucky enough to live and work by the sea, a constant source of inspiration.”
I have come to realise that for me painting is all about capturing the feeling of being by the sea – a place that always makes me feel alive. Painting is a way to record how I felt sitting on a Cornish beach on a stormy day, watching the waves crash, listening to the sounds around me, catching the light reflecting off the wet sands and the distant headlands. It forces me to really look and to absorb the memory. My paintings are about the experience of being in that landscape.
My work is held in private collections both in the UK and overseas.
- Shortlisted for Artists and Illustrators Artist of the Year 2018
- Winner of Cornwall Life Landscape Painter of the Year 2016
- Finalist in Devon Life Landscape Artist of the Year 2017
- Associate member of the Penwith Gallery, St Ives
- Member of St Ives Arts Club
I graduated with a 2:1 hons in Fine Art from Chichester University in 2017 and have recently completed the one year Porthmeor Programme in St Ives.
In August 2019, I undertook a one month residency on Shetland with Wasps Studios. Further details can be found on their website at www.waspsstudios.org.uk.
My work can be purchased via the website or a selection of art work and prints are available at the following galleries:
- Create Cornwall, Bedruthan Hotel, Mawgan Porth, Cornwall
- Inspire makers, Falmouth https://inspiremakers.com/
- The Salt Marsh Gallery, Lymington https://www.thesaltmarshgallery.co.uk/
- Fowey River Gallery, Fowey https://www.foweyrivergallery.co.uk/
- The Terrace Gallery, Penryn, Cornwall https://terracegallery.co.uk/
- Cornish Galleries https://www.cornishgalleries.com/cgartist/maggie-cochran/
Alternatively, please contact me for further information.