“I am lucky enough to live and work by the sea, a constant source of inspiration.”
I am essentially a landscape painter who likes to work in a slightly abstracted fashion while still retaining a sense of place. Capturing light and a sense of the fragility and transience of our natural landscape is important to me.
I have come to realise that for me painting is all about capturing the feeling of being by the sea – a place that always makes me feel alive. Painting is a way to record how I felt sitting on a Cornish beach on a stormy day, watching the waves crash, listening to the sounds around me, catching the light reflecting off the wet sands and the distant headlands. It forces me to really look and to absorb the memory. My paintings are about the experience of being in that landscape.
Represented by Lucinda Dalton at http://www.lucindadalton.com
My work is held in private collections both in the UK and overseas.
- Shortlisted for Artists and Illustrators Artist of the Year 2018
- Winner of Cornwall Life Landscape Painter of the Year 2016
- Finalist in Devon Life Landscape Artist of the Year 2017
- Member of Visual Artists Association
- Associate member of the Penwith Gallery, St Ives
- Member of St Ives Arts Club
I graduated with a 2:1 hons in Fine Art from Chichester University in 2017 and have recently completed the one year Porthmeor Programme in St Ives.
In August 2019, I undertook a one month residency on Shetland with Wasps Studios. Further details can be found on their website at www.waspsstudios.org.uk.
My work can be purchased via the website or a selection of art work and prints are available at the following galleries:
- Lucinda Dalton http://www.lucindadalton.com
- Create Cornwall, Bedruthan Hotel, Mawgan Porth, Cornwall
- The Wykeham Gallery, Stockbridge, Hampshire
- The Little Art Gallery, West Wittering, Sussex
- Inspire makers, Falmouth https://inspiremakers.com/
- The Salt Marsh Gallery, Lymington https://www.thesaltmarshgallery.co.uk/
Alternatively, please contact me for further information.